Pastoral Staff

SHERMAN-EUGENE-61

Gene Sherman, Rector

Gene Sherman, Rector (Senior Pastor)

Gene Sherman is a native of Northern Virginia and attended George Mason University for his undergraduate studies in Education.  He married Kim in 1985 and began a teaching career in the Maryland and Virginia public schools.  After serving 11 years as a teacher, Gene and his family followed God’s call into full time Christian ministry serving at St. Paul Church in Bennettsville, SC in 1996.  In 1999, God called the Sherman’s to seminary which involved a move to Ambridge, PA  where Gene studied for the next four years at Trinity School for Ministry.  Upon graduating with a Master in Divinity from Trinity in 2003, Gene served as the Assistant Rector at Trinity Church in Beaver, PA for four years.  His responsibilities included Discipleship, Evangelism, and Student Ministry.  In July, 2007 God called Gene to become the Rector of St. Barnabas Anglican Church.  In November 2011 this congregation became Christ Church Westshore and Gene continues to serve as their Rector.

Gene enjoys reading, watching hockey and baseball with his family, and “chilling out” with  Sherlock, his Basset Hound.  Gene and Kim have four children.  Zack and his wife, Mary live in Chicago.  Their daughter, Rebecca and her husband, George Hampe, live in  New Haven, CT.  Ben lives in Lakewood and D.T. is a student at Kent University.

 

Robert (Bob) Andrew, Associate Rector

ANDREW-ROBERT-65

Fr. Bob Andrew, Associate Rector

The Reverend Captain Bob Andrew began his ministry in the US Army in the 1950′s where he was stationed in Japan and served as the Chaplain’s Assistant.  He helped lead bible studies and services (and sang in a choir with Conway Twitty).  Upon leaving the US Army, Bob entered the Church Army and was commissioned a Captain in 1959.  He married his wife, Ellie, the same week. Capt. Bob left his native Connecticut to serve in Conneaut, Ohio.  From this point on Capt. Bob served throughout Ohio faithfully preaching the Gospel in Sandusky, Monroeville, Vermilion, and finally Cleveland.  Capt. Bob was ordained to the priesthood in 1980 at the request of his parish.  He then served as Rector of St. Philips and Vicar for St. Agnes Mission for the Deaf.

After retiring in 1999, Fr. Bob was invited to serve as an Assistant Priest at St. Barnabas (now Christ Church Westshore) where he continues to serve as Associate Rector.  He is also Chaplain for the Westshore Chapter, Order of St. Luke which is an international healing ministry.  He and Ellie have four children and seven grandchildren.